>> Visit my Hungary Photo Galleries.
Map of Hungary
Things to Do in Budapest, Hungary
- Atlas Obscura list for Hungary – Atlas Obscura is one of my favorite resources for finding unusual or interesting things to explore in new places. In Budapest, there’s a wealth of things to check out.
- Museums – a good list of museums in Budapest
- Thermal baths – spa baths in Budapest
What to Eat in Hungary
- Hungarian wine –
- Goulash –
- Visit Hungary – official tourism website. You can also follow them on social media or check the hashtags #HelloHungary
- Tripadvisor Hungary
- Train travel to and from Hungary – excellent resources and info on timetables, costs and what to expect.
- Workaway Host List for Hungary – When I travel, I always try to find a way to go a bit deeper. If I have time I will often try to find a cultural exchange through Workaway or maybe Couchsurfing. It is a chance to meet locals and to hear about their experience.
- For US Citizens: US State Department page on Hungary and US Embassy in Hungary (Budapest) – It’s always a good idea to register with the STEP program for updates before and during your trip.