The IELTS exam is one of the most common exams required for people looking to live, work or study abroad in English speaking countries. Here are a few of my favorite IELTS resources:
- Intro to IELTS – This is a great place to start to learn about the exam and how to prepare for it.
- IELTS Speaking Band Descriptors – It’s helpful to read through the band descriptors for the speaking portion of the exam in order to assess your current level of English and to see what’s required at your target. This way you will learn what your examiner is looking for when listening to your answers.
- IELTS Vocabulary by Topic – Useful in general, but especially if you are studying for the IELTS exam. (You might want to also have a look at my other list of Vocabulary Resources.)
- Functional Language to help improve your IELTS score – Using more challenging grammatical structures and being able to show off your use of English is really the key to getting a higher score. This page has lots of great practice for functional language you can use to answer questions in the speaking portion.
- How to Teach IELTS – A great resource for teachers including a 17 page guide on how to teach IELTS as well as how to become an examiner.
>> Do you need help studying for the IELTS exam? Feel free to book a session with me on Verbling so we can discuss your needs!