This year I made 12 resolutions for 2012. And one of them was to read a book per week. (Yes, I like lists!)
When I was younger, I loved to read. Going to the bookstore was a treat for me and it wasn’t unusual for me to go through multiple books in a single day! These days, I find myself getting busier and busier and my attention span getting shorter and shorter. When I traveled in 2008 and I was able to slow down a bit, rather than rushing everywhere with so many things to do each day, I found myself getting back to my love for books. Last year, I bought myself a Kindle, which I adore and keep with me at all times in case I’ve got a moment to break into my latest read. So this year I wanted to challenge myself to read more, and I felt like a book a week is a realistic goal. So far I’m right on track.
Here’s what I’ve been reading this year:
1. Salvage the Bones – Jesmyn Ward
2. Sideways – Rex Pickett
3. 44 – Jools Sinclair
4. The Help – Kathryn Stockett
5. 44 Book 2 – Jools Sinclair
6. One Day – David Nicholls
7. The Hunger Games – Suzanne Collins
8. Catching Fire – Suzanne Collins
9. Mockingjay – Suzanne Collins
10. Girl with the Dragon Tattoo – Steig Larsson
11. Endgame – Frank Brady
12. A Moveable Feast – Anthony Bourdain (editor)
13. The Great Railway Bazaar – Paul Theroux
14. Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World – Haruki Murakami
15. Will Write For Food – Dianne Jacob
16. Molokai – Alan Brennert
I’d love to hear your suggestions! What’s on your kindle/bookshelf/nightstand?
Pssst… Here’s a link for this month’s 100 Kindle books for $3.99 or less, in case you’re a Kindle-lover, like me.